Podcasting Using Audacity
Audacity is freely available audio software. Certainly a useful place to start and useful for people who want to learn about what is involved at home.
- Creating an Audio Podcast How-to-guide - JISC Digital Media. You’ll find plenty of other helpful information on the JISC Digital Media site.
- Alan Carr’s Audacity Guide used at MELSIG workshops - Audacity_guide - Alan Carr, formerly Mid-Cheshire College
- The Impala project at the University of Leicester offers a useful set of guides on designing and producing academic podcasts
- Developing Podcasts Using Audacity - David Pike, University of Bedfordshire
Guide to editing Audacity from COFAonline at the University of New South Wales
Hosting on Podomatic
Podomatic.com () is a free service used by many podcasters to host podcasts. You are advised to discuss your requirements with your IT or AV support teams, but Podomatic gives you or your students somewhere to podcast while you are exploring it.
- Podcasting_with_Podomatic, a full account of podcasting using the Podomatic service , Alan Carr, formerly Mid-Cheshire College
- Developing Podcasts, from Coventry College
Podcasting in Blackboard
- This quick guide is from the University of Reading, using Podcasts in Blackboard
Podcasting Hints and Tips
- The ins and outs of podcasting – a useful discussion between James Clay and Lilian Soon on the e-learning Stuff podcast. e-Learning Stuff Podcast #046: We’re talking podcasts , including enhanced podcasts, subscribing to podcasts, iPhones and other stuff (published 09/05/2010).
- An Introduction podcasting and creating podcasts and a case study of using Skype for podcasting - http://www.flo-joeconsulting.co.uk/resources/index.html - Flo-Joe Consulting, with links to free resources
- Using Podcasts for Revision - Enhancing Student Revision, University of Bedfordshire : http://ppp.chester.ac.uk/images/d/d3/Revision.pdf
- Podwhating? - Edinburgh Napier’s guide to Podcasting, run every trimester by Colin Gray, a member of the Professional Development team. Find the most recent run of the course at Podcasting in Education.
Using Skype to Record Podcasts
many thanks to Carol Walker, JISC-RSC-NE-Scotland
- Part 1: Recording skype conversations using software http://www.rsc-ne-scotland.org.uk/learntech/?p=511
- Part 2: Recording skype conversations using hardware http://www.rsc-ne-scotland.org.uk/learntech/?p=539